Laser cutting is widely used in the fields of automobile manufacturing and material processing due to its high accuracy, wide cutting range, high efficiency, strong processing ability, and good flexibility.
During laser cutting production, there are also some problems that may seem simple but deadly. Today, I have prepared several common problems and solutions for you, hoping to help you.
Burrs appear on the edge of the workpiece
When laser cutting carbon steel, burrs sometimes appear on the edge of the workpiece, making the surface appear uneven, and some are difficult to remove, mainly due to the following factors:
1. The up and down positions of the laser focus are incorrect, and a focus position test needs to be performed to adjust it based on the offset of the focus;
2. Improper nozzle selection, replace the nozzle;
3. The purity and pressure of the cutting gas are insufficient, and it is necessary to provide high-quality cutting working gas and increase the pressure;
4. If a quadrilateral is cut and burrs appear on two adjacent edges, it indicates that the center of the optical path has shifted. It is necessary to re teach the center point of the optical path from the nozzle; If there are burrs on two parallel edges, it indicates that there is a problem with the perpendicularity of the laser head installed on the machine tool. You can teach the installation perpendicularity of the laser head based on the direction of the burrs on the parallel edges; Please check whether the roundness of the nozzle mouth has changed. It must be ensured that the roundness of the nozzle mouth is a full circle.
Laser cutting of plates is not transparent
There are many reasons why the template cannot be cut through, and the most common ones are as follows:
1. The decrease in laser power or the aging of the lamp tube make the energy of the laser beam insufficient, resulting in the inability of the sample plate to cut through. It is necessary to adjust the laser power and replace the laser generator lamp;
2. If the cutting speed is too fast, select a suitable cutting speed based on the thickness of the cutting plate;
3. Check whether the output air pressure of the proportional valve is consistent with the cutting air pressure set by the upper computer, and whether the oxygen meter is at the indication of 10kg;
4. Check whether the protective lenses are damaged and replace them;
5. The focus position is not appropriate, adjust the focus position according to the plate thickness type;
6. On the premise that there are no problems with the protective lens, cutting speed, and air pressure, check whether there is a problem with the optical fiber interface. If there is no problem with the optical fiber interface, please check whether the collimating lens and focusing lens of the laser cutting head are damaged. If there is any damage, please replace it in a timely manner.
Rough surface of laser cutting plate
For carbon steel, the roughness of the upper surface grain indicates that the cutting focus is too far away from the plate, and it is necessary to adjust the focus closer; The lower surface is too rough, indicating that the cutting gas pressure is too high, reducing the gas cutting pressure; The overall roughness of the grain indicates that the cutting speed is too slow, so increase the cutting speed.